Available to Purchase for Students.
This full day workshop was presented by Prof Jennie Ponsford, Dr Adam McKay and Dr. Dana Wong.
Synopsis of session:
Brightwater Care Group is pleased to partner with ASSBI and Monash University to bring you a full-day workshop that reviews and presents findings on the role of cognitive behavioural therapy for fatigue and sleep difficulties post-ABI; upskills participants in delivering therapy; and evaluates alternative therapy options for fatigue and sleep, namely light therapy for fatigue and melatonin for sleep disturbance.
• Address the nature and treatment of sleep disturbance and fatigue following brain injury
• Review and present findings on the role of cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) for fatigue/sleep difficulties post-ABI
• Explain the content and structure of the manualised CBT program for fatigue/sleep difficulties post-ABI and show videos of CBT in action
• Upskill in how to apply CBT adapted for people with cognitive impairment
• Evaluate alternative therapy options for fatigue and sleep; namely, light therapy for fatigue, and melatonin for sleep disturbance
Target Audience: people working in health, mental health, and disability; in particular allied health and clinical health and service providers, planners and LCs.
If you want to stay informed about our news, events, and articles about the study of brain impairment, subscribe to our newsletter.