Working together to improve the lives of people with brain impairment
The COVID-19 pandemic is sweeping through our nations with devastating effects on health that are escalating daily. The impacts are severe and widespread - financially, vocationally, socially and personally, causing major disruption to everyday activities and people’s well-being.
ASSBI, like many other organisations, has had to cancel the annual conference for the first time in 43 years of the Society. At the same time, BRAINSPaN has sprung into action, providing a vital conduit for communication and sharing of resources. These include fact sheets from the World Health Organization, Australian Department of Health, National Disability Insurance Scheme, and the Australian Psychological Society tips for mental health, together with ASSBI Resources for telehealth delivery (Making the Most of Your Memory; TBIconneCT) and the Aphasia Centre for Research Excellence healthcare communication supports.
During these difficult and uncertain times, the ASSBI Executive will be continuing its activities. We send our heartfelt wishes to members, colleagues, people with brain impairment and their families and hope that you stay well and remain safe.
Who we are
ASSBI is a multidisciplinary society dedicated to improving the quality of life of people with brain impairment and their families.
Find out about our mission, committees and available grants.
At ASSBI there are a number of professional development opportunities, from conferences and workshops to webinars which we broadcast both live and 'on demand'.
JOIN THE ASSOCIATION
12 Great Reasons to be a member
1. Reduced ASSBI Conference fees: Substantial discount off registration fees for the ASSBI Annual Conference
2. Discounts on Workshops: You receive discounted registration to all ASSBI standalone workshops
3. Discounts on Webinars: You receive discounted registration to all ASSBI webinars
4. Access to the ASSBI Journal: Access to Brain Impairment online
5. Free Communications: 4 Newsletters per annum
6. Free Information Services: Access to previously published papers with normative data on tests for children, adults and older adults
view all benefits here join now
Access a number of new, ecologically valid, clinically useful resources for both assessment and treatment of disorders following brain impairment. Available to purchase or download.
Upcoming ASSBI events